Friday, July 24, 2009

Yogurt Cake....mmmm...


I'm all about ALL aspects of building a home here at A Home In Progress, so when I got this recipe from Erin at Home with the Boys - I just had to share! (It has everything NOTHING to do with my immense sweet tooth! Promise!) Without further ado....here's Erin!

My sister gave me this recipe and I fell in love. And now it is requested at special events all the time! It is very healthy and moist - a great combination for a cake! I usually make it as a 9x13 cake, but it works great for cupcakes as seen above. I made these for both boys' first birthdays.

And by the way, it is super easy and versatile. We have only done fruit flavors (strawberry, raspberry, peach) with a white cake mix, but you can use any kind of yogurt and cake mix combination. I might need to try chocolate next!

Yogurt Cake

Cake Ingredients:
1 box white or yellow cake mix
2 egg whites
1 cup water
8 oz. strawberry yogurt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients well (I use my stand mixer or a hand mixer). Pour into a greased cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cake cool.

Frosting Ingredients:
4-8 oz. strawberry yogurt
1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip

Directions:
Mix together yogurt and Cool Whip. Apply frosting to the cake once it has cooled. Top with sliced strawberries if desired.

Refrigerate and enjoy!


Thanks for sharing, Erin! I love that you can mix it up with different combinations of cake mix and yogurt. Erin has more recipes on her CUTE blog, so visit her at homewiththeboysrecipes.blogspot.com. Or just click her cute button below:


Thanks again! If you have a recipe or home project you want to share, just email me at AHomeInProgress@gmail.com.

Now I'm off to the store to buy some cake mix and yogurt......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming by. I hope you will become a follower and get lots of great tips. Come over and sign up for the final week of July's Give a way
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete