Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ode to Craigslist

The best bet for building your own home in progress is to look for home decor steals. Check out some of the blogs I have listed to the right for some inspiration. In honor of Thrifty Decor Chick's latest blog post on "de-crappifying" (her term, I LOVE it) her garage, I decided to show what happened when a Craigslist find met my frustration with my basement/playroom. My kids toys were kept in this bin storage set from Target for the past year. I love it, but the openness of it all was killing me.


Then, while browsing through Craigslist one night I found a great deal. A lady wanted to get rid of her pantry cabinet/armoire for $30! We picked it up the next day. It needs some new paint and shelve liners, for sure, but I was so anxious to get out with the old, in with the new we just brought her in as-is.




I love that it is a versatile piece that (hopefully) will be used for a while.

So, what are your favorite Craigslist/thrifty finds for your home in progress???

3 comments:

  1. love the new storage unit-

    Want $80 worth of items and only spend $20 out of pocket? Read all about how you can do it too It's Just a COUPON - How much can you really save?
    and it's the last day for entering the give-a-way--and it's Photography art-Check it out!!

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is such a great find!! It looks awesome to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in with everyone. I see you are enjoying your summer and haven't blogged - good for you.
    I have a new party starting- Wed Sept 2.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete